Where to find Horizon Forbidden West Greenshine
Horizon Forbidden West Greenshine is a vital upgrade and trade resource. There are shards, fragments, chunks, clusters, and slabs all over the map, sometimes out in the open, sometimes hidden, or requiring special pieces of gear to reach. Ahead, we’re going to show you all of the Horizon Forbidden West Greenshine we’ve found all over the map. That’s not all, but there are almost 50 locations here and an absolute ton of Greenshine to suck up if you want to upgrade your favorite weapons to the next level or buy some tricky machine parts instead of hunting them.
How to get more Greenshine in Horizon Fobidden West
You will find Horizon Forbidden West Greenshine throughout your travels more or less randomly. It’s a vital resource for upgrading your gear, and can also be traded with merchants for rare or hard-to-obtain machine parts (saving you from having to fight a Thunderjaw for its heart, for example).
It can be found in the open, on rocks and boulders, nestled against the sides of mountains, etc. However, this will only earn you so much, as much of it is hidden and requires special gear or activities to find.
If you’re trying to find as many as you can, keep an eye out for these things in the world:
- Ruins – There are countless ruins that act as climbing puzzles to collect relics. These often contain Greenshine which you can find by resolving them.
- fire glow – You will find those red crystals blocking you everywhere. You will need to complete the Death’s Door story mission to unlock the Firegleam Igniter. When you do, you can detonate this stuff, and there’s often Greenshine behind it.
- metal flowers – Like Firegleam, the vines of these objects block your path. When you finally get the Vine Cutter upgrades from the Seeds of the Past story mission, you can clear these obstacles and often find Greenshine.
- Sunken Caverns – These large underwater bodies require the diving mask you get from the sand sea story mission. Without it, you won’t be able to hold your breath long enough to get anywhere. You will often find tight spaces to traverse or loose rocks to separate to succeed. However, you will find many from Greenshine if you clear these locations.
Generally, as you move from right to left across the map, you’ll find bigger and better rewards. In the opening area you will only find Greenshine Shards and Fragments, but as you progress through the game you start to find Chunks, Clusters, and Slabs.
Horizon Forbidden West Greenshine Locations
The Daunt Greenshine
- greenish ribbon – Hidden in the rocks near the bridge.
- Sunken Cavern Daunt East.
- greenish ribbon – On the rock wall behind a wooden structure.
- Sunken Cavern Daunt West.
- greenish ribbon – Found by climbing the tower in The Twilight Path mission.
- Green Shard Fragment – Where the water meets the rock face.
- Green Shard Fragment – There are loose rocks you can open where the water meets the mountainside.
Plainsong / No Man’s Land Greenshine
- greenish ribbon – There is Greenshine at the back of the rebel camp which you can find here.
- greenish ribbon – You will need to find and solve the Relic Ruin here to get the greenshine.
- Green Shard Fragment – It’s under a machine wreck by water.
- Greenish ribbon – There’s Firegleam on a wooden gantry and the Greenshine is behind that, so you’ll need the Firegleam Igniter to get to it.
- Green Shard Fragment – There is Greenshine hidden in an air vent during the mission where you are looking for Minerva.
- greenish ribbon – By machine wreck near a stream.
- Green Shard Fragment – In the room of a submerged building behind a Firegleam, so you will need the Firegleam Igniter to reach it.
- greenish ribbon – Behind the Firegleam, so you will need the Firegleam Igniter, near a campsite near the Cauldron here.
- greenish ribbon – Between the pots near the fire.
- greenish ribbon – Under a small rocky bridge arch near the Bristleback site.
- Greenish ribbon – Found in a cave you visit for a mission called Roots That Bind.
- greenish ribbon – Near a tree near the bridge.
- greenish ribbon – On a rock just below the Vista tower.
- greenish ribbon – At the back of the crashed plane underwater. You will need the snorkel mask.
- greenish ribbon – You will find Greenshine in the ruin here.
- Sunken Cavern Restless Handling
- greenish ribbon – On a crashed plane wing on a peak above the shelter.
- Green Shard Fragment – There is a metal fortification with Firegleam on it near a drone. The Greenshine is inside once you remove the Firegleam.
- greenish ribbon – There is a waterfall near a metal flower here. Go up to its mouth and you will find a passage to an area behind it. Keep climbing and heading towards the edge of the map until you reach a clearing and can go no further. The Greenshine is on a rock. The Promontory side quest will also take you here.
- Sunken cave Throat slaughtered
The Shining Wastes / Still Sands Greenshine
- Piece of Greenish x3 / Sunken Cavern – There are three pieces of Greenshine here: two by the water and one on the path near a wheelbarrow. The water leads to a sunken cavern for which you will need the snorkel mask.
- Green Shard Cluster – You will pass this as part of the Sea of Sands mission.
- Green Shard Fragment – At the top of a small peak. You will visit this area at the end of the Signal Spike side quest.
- Green Shard Fragment – In the center of the area, Tallneck’s patrols.
- Sunken cave La Gouge
- Piece of Greenery – Near a rock near the wreckage of the plane where the Thunderjaw are patrolling.
- Green Shard Fragment – Recessed into the base of a rock arch near the water. You will visit here for The Second Verse side quest.
- Green Shard Piece – In a canyon that you will visit as part of the Lofty Ambitions side quest.
- Green Shard Fragment – On the island in the middle of the lake. You will also visit this area during the Taste of Victory side quest.
- Green Shard Fragment – On a large rock near a Rockbreaker machine.
- Green Shard Fragment – Behind a metal flower in the ruined buildings you can find here, so you’ll need the Vine Cutter power-up.
- greenish ribbon – There is a rescue camp here with a campfire. The Greenshine is just in the ground nearby.
- Green Shard Fragment – There are collapsed buildings here, the Greenshine is hidden by a group of tall pillars sticking out of the ground.
- Green Shard Fragment – There is a replica of the Eiffel Tower here. Look for a destroyed cart that Aloy will tell you about. Scan it with your concentration to activate a track that will lead you to some Greenshine.
- Green Shard Piece – There’s a salvage contract here. The Greenshine is near trees in a grassy area of the nearby Lancehorn site.
- Green Shard Fragment – There is a narrow hole in the mountain that you can climb through to reach a canyon here. The Greenshine is on the second level as you ascend into the canyon itself.
- Green Shard Cluster – There are loose rocks in the cliff that you can open. Use your concentration to find the purple loot crate inside to help you locate it.
- Green Shard Fragment – On a cliff, just at the edge of the map
- Green Shard Fragment – Look for a small patch of concrete floor surrounded by small broken pillars. There’s a trapdoor you can pull out of the post above it to reach the shard.
- Green Shard Fragment – There is a large rock formation with a prominent promontory, northwest of the Thunderjaw site. The Greenshine is under the protruding bit.
- Green Shard Fragment – In the lower window of a ruined building that is almost under the sand.
The Long Coast / Isle of Spiers Greenshine
- Green Shard Piece – On the roof of a Ruin which you can find here.
- Green Shard Piece – There is a shelter/campfire on top of a mountain here with a chunk nearby.
- Green Shard Piece – There is a narrow canyon here through the mountains. The piece sits in a small nook above a wooden post with a fire at its base.
- Green Shard Cluster – At the end of the stream to the right of the entrance to the basin.
- Greenery slab – There’s Firegleam here just off the path with the Greenshine behind it.
- Sunken Cavern Sheerside Mountains – there are tricky machines inside so be ready for a fight.
- Green Shard Piece – There is a ruin here. When you solve it, you will be able to reach the Greenshine on the roof.
- Green Shard Fragment – There’s Firegleam here with the Greenshine behind it.
- Green Shard Piece – There’s Firegleam here with the track behind.
- Green Shard Piece – There’s a rebel outpost here guarded by a level 42 Fireclaw. The chunk is right in his patrol route, but you can sneak past him and pass him by unnoticed.
- Green Shard Piece – There’s a metal flower here covering the mouth of a collapsed tunnel. You will need the power of Vine Cutter to destroy it and the chunk is inside.
- sunken cave
- Sunken Cavern Cliffs of the Scream
- Slab of Greenery – There is a skyscraper overlooking the settlement here. The slab is at the back, high up in the building, so you’ll need a Sunwing to reach it.
- Piece of Greenery – There’s a building here covered in vines. Destroy the metal flower to reach the piece inside.
- Greenery slab – There is a circular clearing at the top of the mountain where you will find a Dreadwing and a Brillhawk. The slab is in the small rock formation in the center.
Tips Horizon Forbidden West | Map Horizon Forbidden West | Horizon Forbidden West Red Crystal Growths | Horizon Forbidden West Diving Mask | Best Armor in Horizon Forbidden West | Horizon Forbidden West Power Armor | How to fly at Horizon Forbidden West | The best weapons in Horizon Forbidden West | Horizon Forbidden West Metal Flowers | Horizon Forbidden West Explorer or Guided Mode | Forbidden West Horizon Glasses | Horizon Forbidden West Tallnecks | Horizon Forbidden West Vistas